Show, hide, or resize desktop icons on windows: If we run the Windows Operating System on our computer then, of course, we know some of the icons of Desktop very well. Such as Computer/My Computer, Recycle Bin, User’s File/Document, Control Panel, and Network. These icons come installed in our Windows Operating System. These icons help us with various tasks of the computer. Such as:
This PC/My Computer:
This is the main icon in our Desktop Environment that contains all the locations of the computer. We can access all the System software, Application Software, our various file folders, etc. that we have installed from Computer / My computer.
The main function of the Recycle Bin is to save the files and folders that we have deleted on the computer. It acts as the dustbin of our computer. No matter how many files and folders we have deleted, if we need them again, we can restore them from the Recycle Bin.
With the help of this icon we can directly access the User’s File folders on our computer.
We can do various settings of our computer such as Program Install / Uninstall, Date / Time Manage, etc. with the help of the Control Panel. That’s why Control Panel Icon is one of the most important Icons of our Windows Operating System.
Network/My Network plays a very important role in adding/removing our computer to the network, adjusting various network settings.
Thus, the appearance of these icons on the desktop has its own significance. But in some cases, we find these icons not visible or hidden on the desktop. In that case, we can create obstacles for the actions to be taken through these icons. So, if these icons are hidden on the desktop, how can those icons be unhidden? Here is a very simple and easy way to do that.
Steps to Show/Hide Desktop Icons in Windows:
- In the initial stage, if your Desktop has no icon then It looks like this
- So, to show the desktop icon, Right click the mouse on desktop area.
- Click on the “Personalize”
- Click on the “Themes” option at the left side of the screen.
- Click on the “Desktop Icon Settings” at the right side under related settings
- Now “Desktop Icon Settings” Dialogue box will appear.
- Under the “Desktop Icons” area you will see Checkbox.
- Now Click on the Checkbox of “Computer” to Show “This PC” icon, “Recycle Bin” to show “Recycle Bin” icon, “User’s Files” to show “User folder” icon, “Control Panel” to show “Control panel” icon, and “Network” to show “Network” icon.
- Now Click on the “Apply” button.
- Click on the “Ok” button.
That’s it! Now The Icons are visible at Desktop area.
How to Change the Windows Desktop Icons Size?
If you want to resize any of the icons that appear on the Windows Desktop, Windows has provided you with a feature. You can change the size of the icon that appears on the Windows Desktop to suit your needs.
To resize Windows Desktop Icons, Windows offers you Standard Sizes Large Icons, Medium Icons and Small Icons.
If you want to create custom sizes other than those standard sizes, Windows has also arranged for that.
Now, follow these steps to change the sizes of Windows Desktop Icons?
The first way is to choose the standard size
- Right-click on the desktop
- Click on View
- Now click on the Large Icons, Medium Icons and Small Icons to the appropriate size
The second way is to change the custom size
- In the desktop area, press the Ctrl key on the keyboard and turn the mouse wheel forward / backward as required and release the Ctrl key on the keyboard.
- The size of the icon increases as you scroll forward.
- The size of the icon becomes smaller as it rotates backward.
This way you can change the Desktop Icons to Standard Sizes or Custom Sizes.
Also Check out: Create an Invisible Folder on Windows 10