How to Remove Shortcut Virus From USB Using command prompt 2020: Microsoft is making it harder for hackers and crackers to hack into Windows with each new version of the operating system. To address the problem of viruses and other malware, Microsoft is adding antivirus programs and security. However, many people are still victims of USB viruses because USB drives have become one of the most widely used devices in recent times, so hackers and crackers are targeting USB drives and using viruses and other malware.
The best way to keep your computer and computer files and folders safe from viruses is to Don’t open your unknown email, spam file without scanning with antivirus, to teach yourself how to use antivirus only after scanning and how to keep it safe if you don’t have to use an external disk on your computer.
Symptoms of Shortcut Virus on USB Drive
Remove Shortcut Virus from USB: If you have a virus on your pen drive, memory card, and USB storage then none of your files, folders are showing. It may harm your work efficiency, west your time, efforts to solve this. Sometimes you have to contact your technical support person to solve this type of problem. The files on those devices are hidden due to the virus, what do you do to fix it? The options you have are to be scanned by antivirus or taken to a technician. But even if you don’t have an antivirus on your computer, it can’t work properly, so how can you remove those viruses and make your file folders visible?
Today we will focus on this topic. We learn how to remove those viruses without using any antivirus on the computer. Definitely there are lots of technical parts to use an antivirus program to remove the virus but not everybody has the knowledge about that. The main thing is how to remove shortcut virus from USB using command prompt?
Now how to Remove Shortcut Virus From USB Drive Using command prompt
The main issue is to remove shortcut virus from USB drive Using command prompt. To solve these problems we use the Computer CMD command prompt which will solve your problem. The CMD command prompt will remove viruses from your USB storage, pen drive, memory card, computer, and unhide hidden files and folders. The Command prompt helps to bring back your virus-infected file with a virus free.
The solution to Remove Shortcut Virus from USB Using Command Prompt
- Connect your pen drive or USB storage to the computer and open Command Prompts.
Open Command Prompt Method -1
- Click “Start”
- Click on “accessories”
- Right-click on the “command prompt”
- Click on “Run as Administrator”
- The command prompt screen opens
Open Command Prompt Method-2
- On the keyboard press Win + R key
- The Dialogue box will open
- Type “CMD” command on the box and Click Ok
- Command prompt screen will open.
- Now go inside the Drive Letter of your Pen drive. For example: if your pen drive has a drive letter F, type F: at the command prompt and press Enter.
- “F: \>” will now appear on your Command prompt screen.
- Type the following command to show all the hidden and system files on your USB storage drive.
“dir F: attrib -s -h /s /d *.*” without quotations and press enter.
- This command will explore your drive and will load all the files including hidden and system files on your drive.
- In this screen, you will notice unusual file.exe and extension.
- If your computer has been infected with a virus like the autorun.inf virus renames it using this command line F:\>rename autorun.inf (new filename)
- That’s it! Now you can easily identify all the viruses in your PC and USB and delete them without any help of anti-virus software.
- You can delete virus typing the command “del autorun.inf” or
- del :”yourfilename”
This is the article about How to Remove Shortcut Virus from USB Using Command Prompt 2020!
That’s’ it guys Enjoy !