Best Free Antivirus for Windows 10: If you are running Windows 10 Operating System on your computer and are thinking about antivirus to protect your computer from various types of viruses, male ware, etc., then this article will be very useful for you.
You do not need to have a separate antivirus program on your computer to protect yourself from various viruses, male ware, etc. Threats in Windows 10 Operating System. Yes, you do not need to have a separate antivirus program. Because you have a Free Antivirus Program available in Windows 10 Operating System. Which will provide security to your computer.
The name of the antivirus that Windows 10 Operating System provides you for free is Windows Defender. If you haven’t heard about it yet, we’ll talk about it in detail today.
What is Windows Defender?
This is a free antivirus program provided by the Windows 10 operating system for the security of our computer. Developed by Microsoft, this antivirus provides real-time protection. This program is known as Microsoft Security Essentials in Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8 versions before Windows 10 operating system. In Windows 10, this program is called Windows Defender. Windows Defender likewise plays more pleasant with internet browsers and different applications — regarding their security and protection settings more than most different antivirus applications.
If we put another antivirus with Windows Defender on our computer, Windows Defender will be disabled. If we use Windows Defender with regular updates, it will provide quality security to our computer. Since we can use this program for free, there is no need to incur any other expenses.
Advantages of Windows Defender
The major advantage of the windows defender is an automatic scan and update. Like different antivirus applications, Windows Defender naturally runs out of sight, filtering documents when they’re downloaded, moved from outside drives, and before you open them. This is very useful if you’ve got a browser hijack or threat that compromises your internet connection.
How To Use Windows Defender In Windows 10
Windows 10 comes with its own Antivirus Program called Windows Defender it’s an excellent tool but you need to make sure it’s switched on up-to-date and working the easiest way.
Follow the steps below:
- Click on the start menu tool at the bottom left-hand corner of your screen.
- Click on the settings menu
- Here you’ll get 9 options
- Click on Update & Security or you could type defender in the search tool here but it’s just as easy to click on update & Security which opens up the full secondary menu here.
- Now at the bottom of the screen click on the “Open Windows Defender”
- Now the Windows Defender screen will appear.
- On this screen, you’ll see the Home, Update, and History Tab.
- To update the Windows Defender, click on the Update tab and select update definitions.
- In the Home Tab, you will see three Scan options to scan the viruses
- Quick Scan:
Check the areas that malicious software, including viruses, spyware, and unwanted software, are most likely to infect.
- Full Scan:
Checks all the files on your hard disk and checks all running programs, depending on your system, this scan can take more than one hour.
- Custom Scan:
Checks only the locations and files that you select.
- Quick Scan:
- From the History tab, you can view the items that were detected as potentially harmful and the actions that you took on them.
- Click on View details, and simply click remove all and defender destroyed all the unwanted threats.
- Defender menu itself should open up with a reassuring green bar at the top with the message PC status: protected and a great big green tick in the indicator however if you get a red bar like this with a big red cross in the indicator you simply need to turn to the defender on by clicking the big red button here once defenders turned on.
- Finally, I want to switch back on the automatic threat submissions anything that helps windows defeat malware is a good idea.
Defender is a great tool and because it’s designed to fit with Windows 10 it doesn’t slow your computer as much as other antivirus tools can besides why pay for anti-virus software when window gives you a great one for free.
Also Check Out: How to Remove Shortcut Virus from USB Using Command Prompt 2020